The KLAS Board of Directors makes decisions based on the following mandate:
- To certify local farmers under the Kootenay Mountain Grown (KMG) standards, to market the KMG brand regionally, and to educate consumers about KMG’s sustainable farming practices.
- To increase the availability and production of local food through the provision of rental tools and workshops, and to network and share information among members.
- To advocate for increased regional food security, including fair food prices so that local farms can thrive.
- To promote research into ecologically sound agriculture, including support for relevant grant applications and projects, and for volunteer initiatives.
- To work collaboratively with other farming organizations and initiatives promoting sustainable farming practices and local food.
Follow this link for more About KLAS.