Every certified and certifying KMG farm must submit a complete application and inspect another farm each year. This "peer-to-peer" inspection, or Participatory Guarantee System, is what makes KMG special.
Become KMG Certified:
1) Join KLAS and KMG.
2) Prepare your application:
- Download the appropriate PDF Application Forms.
- Save the form on your computer with a new name.
- See Filling Out Electronic Forms for detailed instructions.
3) Email your application:
- Email your forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The administrator will check your forms for errors or missing information.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
4) Schedule inspections:
- You will be told which farm to inspect and who will inspect yours.
- Contact your inspector and schedule your farm's inspection.
- Contact the farm you will inspect and schedule their inspection.
- Inform the administrator of the schedule.
NOTE: The farm you inspect will NOT be the same as the farm that inspects you.
5) Prepare to inspect a farm:
- You will be emailed the application package of the farm you will inspect.
- Print a copy to bring when you inspect your peer's farm.
- Download the inspection form(s) and print a copy to take field notes.
6) Record the inspection:
- Travel to the farm, inspect it, and take field notes.
- Type your notes into the digital inspection form.
- Email the completed inspection forms to email@example.com.
7) Wait for confirmation of certification:
- Each member of the Certification Committee (CC) will review your documents.
- The CC will meet to discuss every KMG application and decide upon KMG status.
- If you are successful, the administrator will email you a digital KMG Certificate.